As season 13 of American Ninja Warrior moved to the National Finals, a new phrase started getting tossed around: The Stage Three Curse.
Should we believe in it?
In season 11, 21 Ninjas advanced to Stage Three of the National Finals. That was a MASSIVE amount for a stage that generally only sees a handful of challengers. Season 12 did not include the National Finals. Fans eagerly awaited the chance to see if the previous Stage Three Ninjas could make a return to the elite course during season 13.
Spoiler alert: They did not.
Seven of the Stage Three competitors did not take part in season 13. Five went out during the Qualifiers. One went out during the Semifinals. Three fell on Stage One of the National Finals, and four fell on Stage Two. Daniel Gil couldn’t participate in the National Finals.
- Nate Burkhalter: Out in the Qualifiers
- Michael Torres: Out in the Qualifiers
- Mathis ‘Kid’ Owhadi: Out in the Qualifiers
- Chris DiGangi: Out in the Qualifiers
- Casey Suchocki: Out in the Qualifiers
- Ethan Swanson: Out in the Semifinals
- Daniel Gil: Could not compete at National Finals
- R.J. Roman: Out on Stage One
- Hunter Guerard: Out on Stage One
- Lucas Reale: Out on Stage One
- Kevin Carbone: Out on Stage Two
- Tyler Gillett: Out on Stage Two
- Joe Moravsky: Out on Stage Two
- Adam Rayl: Out on Stage Two
This brings us to our question. Is the “Stage Three Curse” a thing? Should Kaden Lebsack, Austin Gray, Kyle Soderman, and Vance Walker be worried? Or was this just a fluke? Weigh in using the poll below or share thoughts in the comments!
Do you believe in the Stage Three Curse?
This poll is closed
Yes! It’s scary.
Nope. Not even a bit.