The wait is almost over. We’re just a few days away from season 13 of American Ninja Warrior. We’re ready to start talking about all the brand new action, but before we get to that, there are some things you should know.
Season 13 of American Ninja Warrior is a step between the normality of something like season 11 and the abridged version of the competition we saw in season 12. Some aspects returned. Some different and unique aspects will arrive with the new episodes.
To make sure you’re completely prepared to take in all the action, here are 13 things you should know about season 13 of American Ninja Warrior!
- First and foremost, season 13 will debut on Monday, May 31 (that’s Memorial Day) at 8 pm EST on NBC.
- While the show traveled more than in season 12, it did not tour the country as it would have in previous seasons.
- The Qualifiers were all taped in Tacoma, Washington.
- The Semifinals were taped on the Universal Studios Hollywood backlot in Los Angeles, CA.
- The National Finals returned and were filmed in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Jessie Graff and Najee Richardson were not able to take part due to recovering from surgeries and injuries.
- The season will introduce “Split-Decision,” where Ninjas will have to choose between obstacles on the course.
- Season 13 will include some invited teen competitors who are more than ready to compete with the adults.
- The Mega Wall is back with $10,000 on the line.
- The Power Tower will return, but only in the Semifinals.
- The prize for winning a Semifinals Power Tower race is the coveted Safety Pass.
- Season 13 will include an exciting collection of new obstacles.
- The first-ever family competition special was recorded during season 13.
Ready? Let’s go! Season 13 of American Ninja Warrior arrives on Monday!