We’re back! We’re still not fully caught up on sleep, but the American Ninja Warrior season 13 Semifinals are in the bag.
The show returned to the Universal Studios Hollywood backlot for the first time since that historic day in 2020 when the pandemic shut down production just hours before the cameras turned on. It was good to be back! It was a challenge to return to overnight, outside tapings. But the Ninjas were troopers and didn’t miss a beat.
We kicked off a little tradition this year when we shared our out-of-context thoughts from the Qualifiers. It’s our way of teasing all the goodies we can’t tell you about just yet. Continuing on, here are our randomly organized thoughts on the Semifinals! We’ll leave you wondering who and what we’re talking about.
10 out-of-context thoughts from the Semifinals
- Don’t do it. Don’t you dare do it. Dang it. You did it. Sigh.
- I stand by my previous statement about squirrels.
- Does she know? She doesn’t know. Someone tell her!
- Were we really expecting anything else from that run? Delightfully par for the course.
- Where did this woman come from?!?
- Now THAT is a Power Tower match-up.
- Is that a historic number of (REDACTED) for the City Finals? It might be.
- I’m pretty sure it’s not humanly possible to beat the course in a faster time than that.
- And there it is. Boom. History made.
- Wait, that means WHO just got bumped out of the National Finals?
Okay, here are two “bonus” thoughts that don’t really have anything to do with the competition. We just wanted to share.
- How is it ALWAYS cold when we film overnight in Los Angeles?!? I am wearing a parka in Southern California.
- Watching sweet little kids try to stay awake on their parents’ virtual sideline is the cutest thing ever.
Got any guesses on what we’re talking about? We’d love to hear your theories. Once the show airs the Semifinals we’ll confirm what each thought was about.