As the year begins to wind to an end, it’s time to take a look back and do some retrospective articles!
We try to stay optimistic, supportive, and focused on the bright side when it comes to the American Ninja Warrior action, but today, and only today, we’re going to wallow in the sadness of it all. (That’s a joke. We’re still upbeat about it, but you know what we mean.)
Almost every episode of season 13 had runs and moments that left us feeling like this.
Things can get seriously upsetting, right? Let’s lean into that feeling. Help us rank the most “devastating” moments from season 13 of American Ninja Warrior.
Vote on the saddest moments of the season below. We’re going to put a lot of moments on this list. The five with the most votes will make the cut and we’ll feature them as the most devastating of the year!
Happy voting (and we apologize if we’ve re-opened any wounds by bringing these things up).
- When Mathis “Kid” Owhadi fell on the Spinning Log, leaving the competition during the FIRST EPISODE.
- When Kyle Schulze fell from Sideways while battling an injury and really, really trying to defeat the fifth obstacle.
- When Michael Torres plunged off Double Down in a way that was devastating AND scary.
- When Sam Sann ended his return season on the Spinning Bridge, which denied him a trip to the National Finals.
- When Zhanique Lovett popped off the Tilt A Whirl. All she wanted was to defeat the Warped Wall, dang it!
- When David Campbell ended his year bloody and defeated by Drop Zone, which had already taken a bite out of Sean Bryan.
- When Flip Rodriguez fell on the Crazy Clocks, leading to a quiet end to his season as he was bumped off the leaderboard.
- When we found out that Daniel Gil was not at the National Finals because he had tested positive for COVID-19, ending his bid to take the title.
- When Meagan Martin tripped on the first obstacle of the National Finals, hitting her head, and ending her year.
- When Joe Moravsky fell on the Striding Steps of Stage Two, leaving jaws on the floor.
- When Jake Murray questioned his future in the sport after peeling off the Falling Shelves.
- When Jesse Labreck fell on the Double Salmon Ladder. That wasn’t too devastating. But when she whispered to Chris DiGangi, “I just know I could’ve done better than that,” we needed a moment.
If the poll below does not load for you, please leave your votes in the comment section.
What’s the most "devastating" moment from season 13?
This poll is closed
Mathis "Kid" Owhadi