Season 11 was jam-packed with action and filled with great Ninja moments. But now there’s a void in our Monday nights, and we’re looking elsewhere to fill our need for Ninja… Lately, the American Ninja Warrior Podcast has been helping to fill that void. The podcast aired a new episode each week during season 11 of American Ninja Warrior, and we faithfully listened. Now, we’re listening again, and catching all the details we missed the first time around.
Season 11’s first podcast featured Roo Yori, a canine enthusiast who uses his passion to help dogs and their caregivers live their best life. Of course, we’ve known this about Roo from the beginning – he’s the biggest canine fan we know!
The podcast is a great listen for all dog lovers everywhere, with fun facts about Roo and his dogs sprinkled throughout. Here are some of our favorite facts about Roo and his life with dogs.
Did you know…
- Growing up, Roo didn’t have a single pet dog. His love for dogs came later in life.
- As much as Roo’s life seems to revolve around dogs, his day job definitely doesn’t. He is a lab supervisor for a genetics lab at the Mayo Clinic.
- Roo once worked as a cowboy at an Old Western Town. He had to start as a normal store worker, but with a little perseverance, as well as impressive flipping and “bouncing” skills, he made it to cowboy status. Besides having a super cool job that summer, Roo met his first “dog rescue” during cowboy practice. When a dog wandered into the Old Western Town, Roo took it under his wing, and his parents soon had their first pet dog. (Listen to the full story on the podcast here or below.)
- Roo has an obstacle course, complete with a zipline, in his backyard…for his dogs!
- When Roo’s late dog Wallace developed cancer, a bucket list was created for him. Wallace was able to go to the ocean, ride in a motorcycle sidecar, meet Betty White, and much more. The only item that wasn’t checked off his list was scoring an invitation to be a guest on the Ellen DeGeneres Show.
For all the details on these fun facts and more, check out the American Ninja Warrior podcast featuring Roo Yori. You won’t be disappointed.
Of course, we can’t write an article about Roo and his dogs without including a couple of cute dog photos! Enjoy these posts about Roo’s dogs, Juju and Johnny.
Listen to the full podcast: