Over the years, there have been tons of inspiring stories of what competitors have learned about life and overcoming obstacles (literally and figuratively) from competing on American Ninja Warrior.
Some of the stories that have been covered here at ANWN include:
- Lance Pekus and the support that he and his wife have felt since talking about her battle with Multiple Sclerosis
- Meagan Martin on fear and falling
- When Philip Scott overcame a panic attack to compete in the Cincinnati City Final
- How ANW strengthened the bond between a father and son
- Sandy Zimmerman shattering the stereotype of what moms can – and can’t - do
- Kyle Schulze teaching other Ninjas sign language
- Najee Richardson and Maggi Thorne using their platform to give back to their communities
- Brittany Maddocks opening up about her battle with anorexia
And these are just a handful of the inspiring stories that we hear about season after season. It’s one of the best things about ANW—no matter who you are or where you’re from, the community will come together to welcome and support you.
What started out as a once-a-year TV show has turned into a movement, with hundreds of gyms popping up around the country and Ninja training sessions becoming just as mainstream on a Saturday morning as baseball practice. ANW even inspired our editor, Nikki, to finally accept the invitation to try rock climbing!
But we want to hear from you—who in the Ninja community has inspired you? If you’ve gotten involved in the sport yourself, who was the Ninja that motivated you to jump on your first obstacle? Tell us about it in the comments!