After months of talking about it, American Ninja Warrior host Akbar Gbajabiamila kept his promise and announced on Megyn Kelly TODAY that he ran the course! Akbar took part in the Celebrity Ninja Warrior that was taped for Red Nose Day and will air on the day, May 24 at 8 pm.
So how far do you think Akbar makes it while staying dry? Let’s run down the evidence!
- Akbar confirmed back in August of last year that he was beginning to focus on Ninja-specific training. He’s been training at DojoBoom, Ninja Warrior Kevin Bull’s gym in California.
But that’s not the only Ninja he’s been working with.
- He worked on narrow-ledge pull-ups with Sarah Schoback.
- He raced little Ninja Warrior Lylah in Denver, CO.
- Akbar put in the time with Jessie Graff during a beach training session.
Beach ✔️ Sun ✔️ Workout with Jessie Graff ✔️Posted by Akbar Gbajabiamila on Thursday, August 10, 2017
- And, he’s used his proximity to the obstacles to get a little first-hand experience.
People ask me all the time if I've ever tried the Ninja Warrior course...... well....Posted by Akbar Gbajabiamila on Monday, July 3, 2017
- His height will certainly come in handy on the Warped Wall.
No child should ever be left hungry! Honored to be apart of Ninja Warrior Red Nose Day USA happening TOMORROW on NBC... oh Kristine Leahy I think it's time you got in on the action More on tomorrow's Star-studded event: http://people.com/tv/red-nose-day-american-ninja-warrior-celebrity-editionPosted by Akbar Gbajabiamila on Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- He’s not one to back down from a challenge. Whether it’s a good idea or not.
Megyn Kelly gave us a tiny sneak peek by releasing a photo of Akbar during his full course run. Still looks dry to us!
So, what do you think? Can Akbar go from commentator to course? Is he set up for Ninja Warrior success? Tell us in the comments!