With Oklahoma City done, we only have the Philadelphia City Finals left until we know the complete field heading to the Vegas Finals.
That means that we had to leave behind 15 more talented competitors who just didn’t make it far enough fast enough to advance.
- David Campbell: Out on the Bar Hop
- Kyle Mendoza: Out on the Bar Hop
- Cass Clawson: Out on the Log Runner
- Brian Beckstrand: Out on the Log Runner
- Geoff Lancaster: Out on the Log Runner
- Tremayne Dortch: Out on the Salmon Ladder
- Hamidulah Khazi: Out on the Bar Hop
- Diron Jones: Out on the Log Runner
- Jared Bandy: Out on the Bar Hop
- Chris Moore: Out on the Ring Swing
- Brian Doom: Out on the Log Runner
- Brian Burkhardt: Out on the Ring Swing
- Sudul Diahkah: Out on the Bar Hop
- Alexander Moran: Out on the Log Runner
- Andrew Potter: Out on the Log Runner
7 went out on the Log Runner.
5 went out on the Bar Hop.
2 went out on the Ring Swing.
1 went out on the Salmon Ladder.
It was painful to watch so many Ninjas get caught up on the Log Runner. It was only the third obstacle on the course and all the competitors had previously completed it in the Qualifying runs.
In concept, it seemed like such a simple obstacle, but balance is always tricky on the course. It varies deeply from one run to another and no Ninja can fully expect to the “safe” with a balance obstacle in front of them.
We were blown away by David Campbell’s exit, as he has made it to Vegas EVERY SINGLE season of American Ninja Warrior. Which run caught you by surprise?