American Ninja Warrior Season 8 premieres on NBC on June 1st at 8/7c.
I cannot wait for the Season 8 premiere of American Ninja Warrior on Wednesday night! First, because I'm a fan. Second, because I'm going to brag my pants off to anyone who will listen about how I was there at those tapings.
While I'll be going into more depth on so many fun aspects of the show on this website, I wanted to start off by sharing some high-level thoughts from one fan to another. So here's a small sampling of the pros and cons of being an American Ninja Warrior fan released onto the set and given carte-blanche to run amok.
- The shoots go from sun-down to sun-up. In every city you have all night to stalk that Ninja you've always wanted to meet. (HEEEEEY Kacy!) Which means if you want to hear from a Ninja, just tell me. I'll find 'em.
- You know what happens before everyone else. No. I'm not going to tell you. But just like any sporting event, there's just something magical about seeing it happen live, right in front of your face. I'm going to try to re-create that feeling for all of you.
- You're pretty much in adult summer camp. Everyone is excited to see each other in each city. This means Ninjas, crew, friends and family. We have meals together. We plan little day trips in our spare time. This means I get to bring you some fun moments that just wouldn't have a place on the show.
- You get a chance to see everyone. All the Ninjas. Not just those that make each episode. And in doing that you get to meet a wide variety of incredible and inspiring people from every walk of life. I absolutely can't wait to tell you their stories.
- You understand just how many people have dedicated themselves to this. From the producers, to the camera people, to the Ninjas. Sure, it's a show. But it's also an act of love to create it.
- Sometimes it gets a little cold at night. For like a few minutes. Yeah. There's not a lot of cons.