Being a part of the Ninja Warrior community means sharing tips and ideas for all aspects of life. Whether it's training advice, emotional support, or, in this case, an idea for a healthy meal to fuel your work out. The members of The Wolfpack, all veteran Ninjas, share their recipe for a fast, healthy side dish that keeps them humming along during training. -Nikki (editor)
Here's Noah Kaufman, AKA, NinjaDoc, with one of his favorite recipes.
At our Wolf Den (Yes, that's what we call our training center!) We often eat together after hard workouts and laugh about our failures and plan our next sessions and podcasts. It's really fun and eating time is a very important time to slow down and enjoy good food with family, friends and training partners. You would think Wolves eat a ton of meat, and actually, Brian does for sure! But to stay lean and light and healthy and energized, this is our "go-to" recipe of natural goodness! Here we go.
Wolfpack Roasted Vegetables
- California Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Assorted Veggies
- Lemon Zest
1) In a bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, California olive oil, vinegar, a dash of garlic salt, and pepper.
2) Toss with your favorite vegetables until they are coated. (We love quartered brussels sprouts, asparagus, zucchini, broccoli and peppers!)
3) Spread evenly on a large roasting pan.
4) Roast for 35 to 40 minutes in a preheated oven, mixing every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and just slightly browned.
5) 10 minutes before finishing, add a 1/4 cup of lemon zest (a Wolfpack secret!) and mix one final time.
Thi recipe is simple enough, but you will feel really good about yourself and eating this way leads to a positive cycle of feeling healthy, strong and motivated to improve! Your body is a temple, so treat it that way! Let us know what you think and if you enjoy this recipe. We try to eat vegetables at every meal and you can experiment with roasting and finding the best combinations for you! Yum!
As top American Ninja Warrior competitors, the Wolfpack Ninjas take our nutrition very seriously. Good, clean fuel equals good performance and even a better mood and more motivation! We even recently did a Wolfpack Ninja Podcast with top Vegan chef Jason Wrobel and you can listen to his amazing interview about sports nutrition for performance and veganism right here:
Check out our website at www.wolfpackninjas.com to get more info about us and be sure to tune in to our #WOLFPACKWEDNESDAYS for health, nutrition and inspiring tips!
What's your favorite veggie recipe? Share in the comments!